Project to Enhance Research Literacy (PERL) - Back to School: Gearing up with Research & Evidence
- Getting Started
- Gaining Support and Momentum
- Developing Programs
- Evaluating and Assessing Outcomes
- Collaborating with Other Institutions
- Transferring knowledge from Classroom to Clinic
- Reflecting on the Experience
- NCCIH Education Grant Related Publications
- Achieving Competency in Evidence Informed Practice: A Resource Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Journal Club Fundamentals
This webinar took place: Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014. The archived webinar can be viewed below. Presentation Slides can be downloaded here.
This fourth webinar in the series examined the Journal Club as a way to connect with colleagues while enhancing your understanding of the literature. Participants were introduced to the journal club format, and observed our speakers critically appraise a research article using this format.
We suggest reviewing the research article ahead of viewing.
Participants will be able to:
- Define a journal club
- Discuss approaches to forming a journal club
- Identify the basic components of a research paper
- Explain the process of critical appraisal of the literature
- Clint Chandler, BS, CNMT, LMT
- Niki Munk, PhD, LMT
- Ruth Werner, BA, BCTMB
- Pete Whitridge, BA, LMT