ACIH Vision, Mission and Values
ACIH envisions a healthcare system that is multidisciplinary and enhances competence, mutual respect and collaboration across all healthcare disciplines. This system will deliver effective care that is patient centered, focused on health and well-being, and readily accessible to all populations.
ACIH enhances health by cultivating partnerships and advancing interprofessional education and collaborative practice.
1. Equity in access to the disciplines that ACIH represents – acupuncture/East-Asian medicine, chiropractic health care, direct-entry midwifery, massage therapy & naturopathic medicine as well as emerging fields.
2. The diversity and traditions that exist in programs and institutions accredited by agencies recognized by the US Department of Education, as well as emerging fields that are actively engaging educational and regulatory processes.
3. Educational opportunities and equitable access to patient-centered integrative care without regard to race, gender, identity, socio-economic status, sexual orientation or religion.
4. A healthcare system that is inclusive and values all evidence-informed practices and recognizes the relationship between health, mind, body, spirit and environment, and emphasize healing, health promotion, disease prevention and wellness.
5. The Institute of Medicine statement that “the goal of integrating care should be the provision of comprehensive care that is safe and effective care, that is collaborative and interdisciplinary, and care that respects and joins effective interventions from all sources.”(1)
(1)Institute of Medicine is now the National Academy of Medicine, Science and Technology Health and Medicine Division, Washington D.C.: National Academy of Sciences Press, 2005